From the “not available in Europe” department ..
Amazon have announced a deal with EPIX that will allow them to add even more new releases to their Amazon Prime Instant Video selection.
So if you’re in the US you’ll be able to get all sorts of “shiny” streamed to you almost instantly including new releases like The Avengers, The Hunger Games and thousands of other new and back catalogue titles.
But what of Hulu Plus and Netflix? Well Netflix stock dropped about 11% since Amazon’s announcement earlier today.. so they’re not too happy about this..
Now if only they’d roll out more of these services in Ireland ..
- Amazon’s EPIX deal adds “Hunger Games,” “Avengers,” more to Prime (gigaom.com)
- Netflix slides after Amazon deal (abcactionnews.com)
- Amazon Rivals Netflix in Epix Deal Adding Movies to Prime (bloomberg.com)
- Netflix’s Biggest Movies, Now On Amazon (allthingsd.com)
- The Latest Shot in the Streaming Video Wars (AMZN, NFLX, VIAB, LGF) (dailyfinance.com)