Bank Of Ireland alerted me to a new service they are launching soon when I logged into my online banking yesterday. In a nut shell it allows users to send upto 100 euro to another BOI customer using just their mobile phone number.
Some of the key features are:
- You can send money to anyone using just a mobile phone number, or by simply selecting a contact from your phone’s address book (as long as they have registered their account on 365 online)
- It’s fast and convenient. Transfer money via the app anytime, anywhere
- It’s safe and secure, giving you peace of mind
- There is no additional cost to use this service (standard current account charges apply)
- You can send up to €100/£100 in one transaction and up to €300/£300 a day to family and friends subject to available funds
- You can receive up to €600/£600 daily from other users
They also say that it’ll be available on Android in the near future. With an “early in the new year” release on iOS it could be a few months before Android users can use it. But it looks like it’ll make “micro payments” much simpler for BOI users.
On a personal note their Business banking online leaves a sour taste in my mouth every time I use it and it brings me back to the 1990s when web sites were terrible to look and use. They claim there’ll be a new online banking system for business users in the new year.. watch this space!