While Netflix might be available in several countries, including Ireland, the biggest and most important market for the company remains the USA.
So when reports came out that the service’s traffic was down 25% some analysts might get a bit worried. Netflix, however, are blaming the dip in traffic on the Olympics.
Subscription based video streaming services like Hulu Plus could put Netflix under increased pressure.
Full story here.
- Drier Stream: Netflix Taking a Hit From the Olympics (wibw.com)
- Hastings was right: Olympics drop Netflix traffic 25%, study says (paidcontent.org)
- Olympics streaming saps Netflix traffic (variety.com)
- Netflix loses viewers to the Olympics (news.cnet.com)
- Netflix streaming activity may have dropped 25 percent due to Olympics coverage (theverge.com)
- Olympics could be playing havoc with Netflix streaming activity (venturebeat.com)