Ken Hansen of Neustar and .NYC joins Michele and Conn for this week’s podcast. With over 20 years of Internet and telecom, sales, marketing and business development experience, Ken led the business development efforts that resulted in Neustar’s entry into the registry business, the award of dot-biz by ICANN and the Department of Commerce selection of Neustar [...]
Netflix have published their monthly ISP Index. For Ireland the ranking is now: Which is pretty much the same as last month. But what about historically? That’s a little bit more interesting: But the speeds themselves are still really slow with only one ISP (Magnet) giving an average over 2 megabits per second. Remember how [...]
Here’s a bonus podcast for this week featuring Gabriela Avram, lecturer in Digital Media at the University of Limerick and one of the organisers of 3DCamp, which will be held on 25 May. In the spirit of BarCamp, 3Dcamp is open, inclusive and free to attend – it’s also very cool, with a focus on [...]
Brought to you by Blacknight – it’s another Technology.ie podcast, with Michele & Conn and the tech news of the week. Remember Barcamp? 3DCamp is flying the flag in Limerick on May 25th. (Listen out for a bonus podcast on this tomorrow!) The case begins in the Supreme Court in the Data Protection Commisioner’s appeal [...]
Software bundles for OSX are fairly common and often great value. MacHeist and others have made them very popular. If you missed the last MacHeist bundle then this week’s bundle from StackSocial might be worth looking at. It gives you $690 worth of software for $49.99. A single copy of Camtasia for Mac would cost [...]
If you don’t speak a language other than English you are probably missing out. You might not realise it, but there’s a LOT of excellent content out there that you can’t read or even be aware of as it’s published in languages other than English. Startup Webflakes is trying to do something about this by [...]
If you’re a pay as you go mobile phone user and a gamer then this new service might suit you. Buy Game Points is a new service from Phonovation that launched recently. It does exactly what you’d expect it to do – it lets you buy points for Xbox Live using your mobile phone. At [...]
RIPE may be the “home” to hardcore network geeks, but they do some really cool stuff that the rest of us can appreciated and understand. One of their recent additions is bunch of tools to help mere mortals visualise how the internet is working (or not). In the case of Syria, as has been reported [...]
Akamai carries up to 30% of the web’s traffic so when they start talking about data they’re not only dealing in big numbers, but also significant percentages of the internet’s users. They’ve made public a lot of their data and they’ve done so in a pretty visual and engaging fashion. For example, here’s broadband penetration [...]
Debian 7.0 “Wheezy” was released on Saturday. The latest version of Debian brings a number of new features to the open source operating system including “multiarch support”. Multiarch support means that you’ll be able to install both 32 bit and 64 bit software on the same machine without having to worry about dependencies ie. it’ll [...]
- Google.ie Hijacked? October 9, 2012
- Breaking: Portugal Says Peer to Peer Sharing Is Legal September 26, 2012
- Anonymous Target Irish Government Sites In Possible OpIreland Sequel March 16, 2013
- Spotify Finally Available In Ireland November 13, 2012
- Technology.ie Podcast #1 September 28, 2011
- Podcast with Ken Hansen of .NYC May 20, 2013
- Netflix Publish Latest ISP Index May 14, 2013
- Podcast with Gabriela Avram of 3DCamp May 10, 2013
- Live Fast & Prosper [Podcast #62] May 9, 2013
- Mac OSX Productivity Bundle May 9, 2013
- search_d: RT @blacknight: Want to know more about .nyc? We s...
- blacknight: Want to know more about .nyc? We spoke to Ken Hans...
- inundata: RT @mneylon: Interview with Ken Hansen of .nyc #fb...
- blacknight: RT @conn: Technology.ie Podcast with Ken Hansen of...
- eirepreneur: RT @conn: Technology.ie Podcast with Ken Hansen of...
Follow @blacknight on Twitter