The West of Ireland’s first Digital Summit was announced last night at an event in Galway city.
The Digital Summit is designed to keep to the same volunteer ethos as the monthly events, while providing more space and time for engagement. It will be held in the Ardilaun Hotel, Galway, on 29 January 2015. Tickets go on sale today starting at a nominal €5.
Organiser Marisa Burke Keogh explained that the price is designed to reflect the non-profit nature of the organisation and to encourage as wide a participation as possible. She said that the event was aimed to bring thought leaders to Galway “discuss, debate and evaluate”.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Aidan Coughlan – Head of Digital – Newstalk
- Stephen O’Leary – Media Analyst – Olytico
- Hugh Linehan – Digital Development Editor – The Irish Times
- Brian Harte – Head of Customer Engagement & eMarketing Tourism Ireland
- Sean Earley – Head of Creative Digital – New Slang
- Jonathan Cloonan – Director of Partnerships, Group M (WWP Group) via Google Hangouts.
In addition to the panel discussion, there are a limited number of exhibition spaces available.
Commenting on Blacknight’s sponsorship, CEO Michele Neylon said it was a great opportunity to encourage Irish online business.
The Internet is about empowering business to find markets at home and abroad. Blacknight is delighted to support the OMiG Digital Summit.
Technology.ie is the official Online Media Partner for the OMiG Digital Summit.