Our first few topics arise out of audience feedback. Digital Darragh had commented on the audio processing in Episode 1. Keola Donaghy‘s comment sparked a discussion about Internationalised Domain Names. And Irish podcast pioneer Brian Greene sent us some audio feedback – literally!
A company called Afilias are running a competition to find innovative uses for new Top Level Domains. We discuss the rebirth of Delicious. Michele uses Packrati to harvest his tweeted links into his delicious bookmarks.
It’s awards season. Michele went to the Net Visionary Awards last Friday. We look ahead to the Irish Web Awards, which leads us on to talking about Rick O’Shea. Rick’s not just a national radio personality: he’s a veteran blogger and that led to a discussion about how other Irish media folk have embraced social media in recent times. Conn misses Ryan Tubridy’s tweets. Michele points out that by deleting his account, Ryan freed up the name to be seized by a parody persona.
Yes – we know Apple are announcing something new and cool later today. We’ll discuss that next week, along with the new Kindles and Samsung’s newest Google phone (to be announced next week).
- Technology.ie Podcast Launch (blacknight.com)
- Blacknight Sponsoring Best Use Of Social Media Award (blacknight.com)
- Technology.ie Podcast Is Go (michele.me)
- Technology.ie Podcast #1 (technology.ie)
- A Bit Of PR And This Week’s Show (technology.ie)
- Big Thanks To Kíla (technology.ie)
- Podcast Now Available On iTunes (technology.ie)