Ciaran Cannon TD is our guest on today’s podcast, Fine Gael TD and former Minister of State for Training and Skills, he is the founder of the EXCITED Digital Learning Festival which will run from May 21st to 23rd in Dublin Castle.
Click on the player above to listen to the show, or download it here: 27:11; 16MB; MP3.
The EXCITED Digital Learning Festival is an independent and not for profit three day festival of workshops, talks, exhibitions and discussions on the potential of technology in education, which brings together the diverse interests of over 350 teachers, students, parents, policy makers and industry leaders in one forum.
“Expanding the Network” is the theme for the 2015 event which will focus on how to meaningfully embrace more participants to have an active part to play in the future of digitally enhanced learning.
This year the international and Irish line up of educational experts includes:
- Mona Akmal from Code.org
- Keith R Krueger CEO of the Consortium for School Networking
- Dr Kathy Kipp, lecturer in Trinity College, member of RISE research group (Research in School Education) and advisory board member for the Irish NCCA (National Council for Curriculum Assessment) development group
- Lara Dabbagh, Assistant Principal in Coláiste Bhaile Chláir, a post-primary school in Galway
- Olajide Ademola Ajayi, Software Engineer, SAP Ireland
- Colm O’Regan critically-acclaimed stand-up comedian, columnist and broadcaster
- Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin science communicator and lecturer in the School of Mathematical Sciences, University College Dublin
2015 will see the EXCITED festival expand to three days, with day one being specifically focused on supporting the Digital Youth Council, a development emanating from the success of last year’s event. The one day series of workshops for DYC will prepare them to present their finding at the conference and plan activities for 2015.
Last year the festival was sold out with over 350 attendees experiencing a range of international speakers from mobile phone inventor, Marty Cooper to “Ireland’s Digital Champion” Lord Puttnam.
Limited early bird tickets are now on sale for €35 via the website www.excited.ie.
Blacknight, Ireland’s premier provider of domains and hosting.is brought to you by