Our guest this week is Gavin Hanley, an advertising strategist with Google in Ireland. Michele has loads of questions for him about Google Adwords, questions which, he points out, he regularly hears from his customers. Gavin shares his insights into how advertisers can get the best out of Google ads.
The Google Stone [Podcast #31]
Michele is worried about some of the changes being proposed to ICANN’s Registrar Accreditation Agreement. Under these proposals registrars might be obliged to conduct onerous data collection to confirm the identities of customers who register domains. Michele fears this could amount to treating customers as criminals.
Homeless and geeky? Don’t worry – just make yourself at home in the offices of a suitable large company. People will just think you’re super dedicated to your very cool project!
The browser battle for mobile devices is heating up, just as Yahoo stakes its claim with the new Axis browser. Over at CNET, Molly Wood points out that Mobile is becoming the key battleground and that this is an issue of concern for Facebook in particular. Fine, but is making their own phone really the answer? Also, it’s rumoured that Facebook is in talks to buy Face.com.
Technology.ie is brought to you by Blacknight, Ireland’s largest provider of domains and hosting. Get on board with their free 30-day trial of GoMobi mobile website builder. They’ve also got a special offer on .be domains. Find out more on the award winning Blacknight blog!
About Conn Ó MuíneacháinConn Ó Muíneacháin works at Blacknight, Ireland's largest provider of domains and hosting. He's an award-winning radio producer, podcaster and blogger. He's an engineer as well (not the award-winning kind). Conn produces video for Blacknight and edits Technology.ie. Labhair Gaeilge leis!
Get Social With Us
- Google.ie Hijacked? October 9, 2012
- Breaking: Portugal Says Peer to Peer Sharing Is Legal September 26, 2012
- Anonymous Target Irish Government Sites In Possible OpIreland Sequel March 16, 2013
- Technology: A ‘bad’ woman’s best friend? July 29, 2013
- LoyaltyBuild: Brian Honan Explains the Security Issues [Audio] November 13, 2013
- Mandela’s Science & Technology Legacy December 6, 2013
- Bohemian Rhapsody Star Wars Version December 6, 2013
- RIP Nelson Mandela December 6, 2013
- Public Forum on Copyright is a Box-Office Hit! December 5, 2013
- Waterford Teenager Develops Winterval App December 5, 2013
- blacknight: RIP Nelson Mandela http://t.co/VFsIRNGqo0...
- mneylon: Mandela's Science & Technology Legacy http://...
- darkdiver: RT @conn: Mandela’s Science & Technology Leg...
- conn: Mandela’s Science & Technology Legacy http:/...
- mneylon: RT @blacknight: Bohemian Rhapsody Star Wars Versio...
amazon Android Apple Blacknight Business Business and Economy Christmas copyright Domain name dublin Facebook Generic top-level domain Google ICANN Information graphics Instagram Internet service provider IOS ipad IPhone Ireland Irish Irish Internet Association Irish Web Awards iTunes Marketing Marketing and Advertising Michele Neylon Microsoft Netflix netvis13 Online Communities Pinterest Podcast security Social media Social network technology Top-level domain Twitter United States video Wi-Fi Yahoo YouTube